Home
Support Forums

Custom_domain is owned by another account

Dear Support Team,

when trying to add my custom domain investrack.io to my netlify app https://pensive-easley-3b12ed.netlify.app i get the error described in the title. I own the domain and registerd it at a different service. I do not know who else and why someone else should have this domain in his / her account because I obviously was able to buy the domain at my domain registration service. Can you please help me to transfer this domain to my netlify account?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hi perry thanks for caring about my problem! I know no other people how could possibly have this domain in his / her account, so no chance in asking anyone to remove the domain. But I verifiyed the domain for you to check as described in the linked post. It now has a txt record with the asked value. Please let me know if I can do anything else to solve this problem! Thank you for your help!

Hi @n0rthk1n9,

The domain has been removed from Netlify. Try adding it to your account now.

1 Like

Thank you! Everything works like a charm now! Thanks for your fast help again and have a nice day!