"custom_domain is owned by another account" error

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with my domain “bwinohq.com”, my netlify domain is fun-the-join-ng.netlify.app

I’ve followed the instruction to add a TXT record with this thread’s URL.

Hey there, @bwinohq :wave:

Thanks for reaching out about this. We have freed up the domain and you should now be able to use it. Happy building :rocket:

Hi, my domain bcsafrica.io is having this exact problem. It was added by a previous site but has since been removed and I have been unable to add it to my site

hi there, did you add a verification record as mentioned here? [Support Guide] "another site is using this domain" Verifying domain ownership for Netlify custom domain

once you do, please let us know, and we will check it and free up the domain so you can use it! thanks.

Resolved already. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @hillary and @perry :wave:

Can you check my domain brewcoimbra.pt? I’ve just added a verification record

I’m having the same issue “custom_domain is owned by another account”

hi there, your ownership was verified and we free this up for you!

1 Like

Hi @perry ,
when I try to add my domain “bewu.dev”, I get the error “domain used by another account” even though it isn’t.
Cheers

Hey @bewuwy,

The domain has been removed from the other account.

1 Like

Hi @perry , I get the error “domain used by another account” and I need to use the domain for another app. I already added the verification record mentioned in

[Support Guide] “another site is using this domain” Verifying domain ownership for Netlify custom domain

My domain is: drcultivo.com
The app is: https://drcultivo.netlify.app/

Can you free the domain please? I will really apreciate it

Hey there, @Exequiel_Pocchettino :wave:

Thanks so much for reaching out! We have freed up this domain and you should now be able to use it. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you so much, I was able to use it correctly

1 Like

Hi, I get the error “domain used by another account” and I need to use the domain for another app. I already added the verification record mentioned in
[Support Guide] “another site is using this domain” Verifying domain ownership for Netlify custom domain

My domain is: yozorakiki.com
The app is: https://agitated-pike-bca443.netlify.app

Can you free the domain please? I will really apreciate it.

hi there, unfortunately something isn’t right with your verification record. I couldn’t find any txt records for that domain.

could you double check the instructions and try again please? thanks!

Is this OK? Could you please check now?

no, sadly not. I am checking the subdomain we are asking you to create the txt records on, and the apex domain, but i can’t find a record at either of them.

please check the spelling of the domain and the instructions and try again, thanks.

psg@MacBook-Pro ~ % host -t txt verified-for-netlify.yozorakiki.com
Host verified-for-netlify.yozorakiki.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
psg@MacBook-Pro ~ % host -t txt yozorakiki.com
yozorakiki.com has no TXT record

Could you please check again? Thanks!

i’m sorry, apheliot, but something you are doing isn’t right. Could you share some screenshots of where you are creating these txt records?

Uploading: records.jpg…