Custom domain as alias instead of forwarding to name.netlify.app? (external DNS)

We recently switched our DNS service from Netlify to Google domains. We’d like to keep it hosted on Google. To set up the DNS records, I set them like so:

@ A → 75.2.60.5
www CNAME → dorgv2.netlify.app

In Netlify, I set www.dorg.tech as our primary domain and dorg.tech to redirect to the primary domain.

When I enter dorg.tech in my browser, it forwards to dorgv2.netlify.app. I would like it to show www.dorg.tech or dorg.tech in the address bar, but it shows dorgv2.netlify.app. I may be willing to sacrifice performance in order to show the custom url in the browser address bar instead of the default subdomain.

How can I make sure our custom url is displayed in the browser address bar when people visit our site?

I can see that dorg.tech is redirected perfectly to www.dorg.tech and not dorgv2.netlify.app. This might be a local caching issue and might yield different results when you try using a different browser/device/network. Please try and let us know if it’s still not working.

You’re right. It works as expected on my phone’s browser. It must be a cache issue. Thanks!