Custom domain already has an owner. Is it you?

Hello! I’d appreciate your help here.
I’m trying to add a custom domain to my site and a year ago (I guess) I did the same with the same domain, hence the error, but if I recall correctly it was from my own account, it wasn’t a different one and right now I only have one site online within my account.
I’ve read that I have to edit the txt record on my domain management service (namecheap in this case) and I have 3 values that can be edited, Host, Value and TTL. I don’t know where to edit Name with “verified-for-netlify”.
My netlify site is: https://norbert.netlify.app
My custom domain is: norbertstange.dev
What should I do now?
Thanks so much for your time.

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hello, Perry!
I haven’t checked my community account and just now I realized the notification =/. Thanks for quick reply and sorry for my late reply!
I have this domain for more than a year and I don’t know if someone had it and linked it with Netlify before, but now I’ve edited the txt record on namecheap and I hope it’ll work for the verification. I’ve edited it this way.

I’ll keep this tab open so next time I’ll reply faster, hehe. Thank you very much for you time and have a great weekend!

Hi, @N0rb3r7. Yes, that DNS does meet the verification requirement. :+1:

I’ve removed the inactive DNS zone for this custom domain at Netlify and you should be able to add it to your new site/account now.

If there are other questions or if it still won’t allow you to add it, please let us know.

Good morning, Luke. It all works out beautifully now :raised_hands:. Thank you very much and have a great day!