Custom domain - A DNS zone already exists on NS1

Hey @luke thanks for checking so quickly. I had the domain on vercel before and did not completely delete everything on there, so that’s where my existing dns zone on NS1 came from.

hi there @mkuehb , does that mean things are working now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @luke and @perry

2 years ago I set up the domain arb.is on Netlify.
I deleted it from my Netlify account shortly after.
Now I am trying to set up this domain again and I get this error

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1”

Is something that you guys can do?
I think the DNS zone for arb.is already exists on NS1 because I registered it on Netlify 2 years ago.

1 Like

Hey @SveinnB,

When the DNS Zone exists on Netlify, we say custom domain is owned by another account. In your case, the zone actually exists on NS1 and not on Netlify. We don’t know where it could be configured, maybe you added it somewhere else in these 2 years?

@hrishikesh

Yes! You are right. I found it. Thanks

@luke having the same issues as described by others – Namechap domain (midascapital.xyz) and cannot add it to Netlify ( A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1 )

I’ve already deleted the NS there. Any chance there’s something from on the Netlify side?

Cheers,

CM

Hi @f55ca2db02a6c1cd1683,

Unfortunately no. As probably repeatedly mentioned in the above thread, this has little to nothing to do with Netlify. Note that removing NS is not enough and you might have to look for an explicit option to delete the DNS zone.

Hi @luke & @hrishikesh, having the same issue for the domain cyberpunkstaking.com

Can you check please? Thanks!

A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1

Hi, @gencher. Thanks for asking about this. There was an issue on the Netlify side of things and I’ve fixed that now.

Would you please try again and let us know if there are any further issues?

2 Likes

It worked, thank you!

1 Like

Hi! I get an error message while trying to register a custom domain through your service: “A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error trying to create DNS zone “

my domain is http://erc-initiative.com/ domain register in namecheap

What can I do to remedy this issue?

@sachin,

This has been already answered here:

and:

and more such threads across the forums.

OK thanks for the reply

Happy we could clear this up for you. Feel free to reach back out to us if you have any follow-up questions after seeing the connected threads.

Thanks!

I’m experiencing a similar issue DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1
could you please verify if its from netlify side?

Hi @Jim707t this would depend if this domain was registered with Netlify. What is the domain name?

Hi @SamO It’s was registred at porkbun.com but apparently the issue don’t come from them

Hi Jim, let us know the domain name if you would like us to look into this still! Thanks!

Hello @charlottechhum, it’s jimquincy.tech!

You’d have to ask Porkbun to delete the domain from their NS1 account before you can add it here. We cannot solve this for you.