Change to domain not propagating

Hello, I am really new to coding, so please bear with me. I created a site and purchased a domain name on Netlify. Now I am trying to have the domain name hosted on a different site. Someone is helping me with this but they say that the changes are not propagating over. This is what they sent me:

I would recommend calling them and asking why the ip address keeps changing but never to what I setup. Ask them if the Name servers are pointed to their server and please tell them not to change the 2 records that I added 2 days ago.

[8:17:13pm]: % ping JazminAcostaRealtor.com

PING jazminacostarealtor.com (44.219.53.183): 56 data bytes

jazminacostarealtor.com ping statistics —

2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

[8:32:31pm]: % ping www.JazminAcostaRealtor.com

PING jazminacostarealtor.com (18.213.222.111): 56 data bytes

jazminacostarealtor.com ping statistics —

2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Both your domains appear to be working fine. Mind sharing in more detail, what the issue is?

Hello, thank you for your reply. The issue is that I am trying to change my url to a different host. The new host says that they changed A record and CNAME record but they are not propagating out. They also said that the ip address keeps changing but never to what they setup. They want to know if the Name servers are pointed to their server.

The issue was the existing NETLIFY type DNS records for the same domain names. Those will override any other DNS records of type A, AAAA, or CNAME for the same name.

Once the NETLIFY type records are deleted, new A, AAAA, and CNAME records for the same names will work but only if they are added after the NETLIFY type records are deleted.

I’ve manually refreshed the non-NETLIFY type DNS records now and they are working. If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.