Home
Support Forums

Can't renew Let's Encrypt Certificate

Hello there!

My custom domain: https://www.asterhu.com
My Netlify domain: asterhu.netlify.app

I have the following error message since I added DNS records.

www.asterhu.com doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify
We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

The domain is from Namecheap and I have added Netlify’s IP to Namecheap as below:

dns1.p07.nsone.net
dns2.p07.nsone.net
dns3.p07.nsone.net
dns4.p07.nsone.net

Could you please check whether it’s a false positive? If not, please kindly let me know where goes wrong. Thank you!

Hi, @asterhu. Yes, it is safe to ignore that message. The SSL is working as has been since the SSL certificate was configured on August, 19th.

For historical reasons (to assist troubleshooting), the last error message that occurred is shown in the web UI … even when there is no current error. So, again, that was an old error and safe to ignore.

I’ve deleted that message to avoid confusion for this site going forward.

The SSL certificate will automatically renew 30 days before it will expire (which the Let’s Encrypt’s recommended best practice). If there are any errors renewing the SSL certificate, our service will email you to let you know and we will have 30 days to troubleshoot. However, everything looks correct when I check and so there should be no error in October when the renewal occurs.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you so much! The message has disappeared.

1 Like