Can't provision SSL certificate : NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Hello,

I am trying to setup HTTPS for an external domain but the certificate doesn’t work and keep saying “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”

I double checked DNS records in my registrar and they look fine.
Already waited 72 hours and still not working.

Netlify pannel shows “waiting for DNS propagation”

Note: I use the same domain with a subdomain in another host and have a certificate for it, tho it is only issued for the subdomain itself and not for the nude domain or www subdomain.
Could it be conflicting somehow ?

Thank you

What’s the domain name?

Hi,

I prefer to keep this information private.

Sadly it’s not possible for anyone else than the official Support team to be able to help then.

Yeah actually wanted to contact them as suggested, but I’m still using free plan so I can only post here.

Any chance official support can answer me here ? Or should I switch to paid plan ? (I will need it soon anyway)

They will answer as you can see on other posts on the forum. However, the time required might or might not be long. If you’re going to switch anyways, you might as well do it now if this needs urgent attention.

Hi, @SimonWMX. You can post the domain information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

Hi, @SimonWMX. I received several PMs from you and you mentioned there that the issue is resolved now.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Hi @luke
Yes, thank you for the support, the issue is now resolved.

For information : it was the old certificate that was not deleted correctly, I finally could delete it and now everything is working fine.