Can't Provide A Secure Connection - SSL Problems

Hello! I’m having a little trouble with SSL.

My Netlify site name is elastic-shannon-60fd6c.netlify.app, and it’s supposed to be using the custom subdomain dashboard.humphreyhillaryhitchin.com, which is a subdomain of humphreyhillaryhitchin.com (which was a Google domain that I’m now pointing to Netlify’s DNS.)

The problem is that some browsers, some of the time, are throwing this error:

I will note that my other subdomain, api.humphreyhillaryhitchin.com, which is pointed at a Heroku app, works just fine. So I’m not sure what’s going wrong with this one.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I have tried renewing the SSL certificate, but I’m not sure that’s working. Also, here is my DNS setup, in case I have maybe screwed something up here:

@lhillary86 Welcome to the Netlify community. Are you still seeing this issue? Your custom subdomain seems to load over SSL for me.

Also, I may be misremembering this, but I don’t think you need to add your dashboard subdomain to your Netlify DNS as a CNAME. I think you just add it to your Domain Settings page as an alias.

Thank you, I’ve tested it out quite a bit and yes, it appears to be working everywhere now. Do you have any idea of why that possibly could have been happening before? I fear it will happen again, since I’m not entirely sure why it happened in the first place.

No, I don’t. Usually things don’t change themselves, and I’m not seeing a recent DNS change at your registrar. Sorry.

1 Like

Hi there, @lhillary86 :wave:

I second @gregraven here. That being said, if anything changes or if this occurs again, please do follow up in this thread :slight_smile: