Can't debug lambda functions with CLI - get SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

site name: sjnode.netlify.app
My lambda functions are running ok with netlify dev, but I can’t debug them. I followed the steps in Debugging with Visual Studio Code and used those launch.json configs, but when I launch the vscode debugger I get the error below.
Do I have something misconfigured?

C:\dev\sjnode> c: && cd c:\dev\sjnode && cmd /C “set “BROWSER=none” && set “NODE_OPTIONS=–require “c:/Users/steve/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js” --inspect-publish-uid=http” && set “VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={“inspectorIpc”:”\\.\pipe\node-cdp.16572-7.sock”,“deferredMode”:false,“waitForDebugger”:“”,“execPath”:“C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe”,“onlyEntrypoint”:false,“autoAttachMode”:“always”,“fileCallback”:“C:\Users\steve\AppData\Local\Temp\node-debug-callback-636adc684819c89a”}" && “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe” .\node_modules.bin\netlify dev "
Debugger attached.
Waiting for the debugger to disconnect…
c:\dev\sjnode\node_modules.bin\netlify:2
basedir=$(dirname “$(echo “$0” | sed -e ‘s,\,/,g’)”)
^^^^^^^
SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list
at Object.compileFunction (node:vm:360:18)
at wrapSafe (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1055:15)
at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1090:27)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1180:10)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1004:32)
at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:839:12)
at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:81:12)
at node:internal/main/run_main_module:17:47

Is there a reproduction that we can check?

yes, code at GitHub - steveja42/sjnode2: test serverless functions , or sjnode2 app on netlify. I am using pnpm instead of npm if that makes a difference.

Hello @SteveJa - Thank you for the update here! I am going to ask that you file this one as an issue for our CLI here: Issues · netlify/cli · GitHub

That would really be the best way to approach this one and for you to keep apprised of the progress. Thanks!