Can't change email address

Hello,

I am trying to change my email address as my current email address is no longer in existence.
When I try to change my email, I am not receiving the verification email in my inbox.

Please advise, thanks

Hey @Creator welcome to Netlify Community!

This post is better suited in the admin category, someone from the Support team will be able to help you over there.

Kyle.

1 Like

Hi, @Creator. Would you please tell our support team what email address you are trying to change to?

You can post that information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

Once we know the email address we can check on the status of the emails sent to that email address (or see if it is blocked for any reason). There was a Gmail outage which blocked many email addresses back in December (because anti-spam policies require that we stop emailing when a “hard bounce” occurs).

Whatever the reason for the failure is, we will be better able to find it once we know what email address is affected.

1 Like

Hi, @Creator. I did receive the PM with the email address (which I have shared with the rest of the support team so we can all troubleshoot).

I do see three emails were sent to that email address for a password reset. All three emails were between 10:32 am and 10:33 am on 2021-01-25 (time is oin PST which is UTC-0800).

We are successfully sending those emails. If you are not seeing those emails on your side, please check your spam filter or folder for those emails.

Note, I don’t currently see any email service configured for the domain name used in the email address. I think your issue might stem from the fact you have no email service configured at this time.

If there are other questions, please let us know.

Hi Luke and thanks for your reply.

What do I usually need to do on my side to get my email service configured on my domain?
I am using the email service provided by default by my hosting/domain registration company. Is this something they need to resolve usually?

Hi, @Creator. Email service depends on DNS records for configuration and security. When moving DNS from one service to another, it is important to copy all required records to the new service (for example, Netlify DNS) before activating it.

We have a support guide which covers this exact scenario here:

I did not copy my records before switching name servers and my email (or other service) stopped working. How do I fix this?

The two solutions are to either revert to the previous DNS service or to copy the DNS records to Netlify DNS.

The solutions is something you will do yourself in most cases. If there are questions about what the correct DNS records are, your email hosting provider will have that information. At Netlify, we don’t control your email so we don’t know what the correct DNS records should be.

If you have any issue entering those records at Netlify, please let us know what record you are trying to create and we will provide detailed instructions about how to do so.

​Please let us know if there are other questions about this and we will be happy to answer.