Can't add a "SRV" starting with an underscore (_) to DNS records

Hey,
There’s a minor bug in DNS names – I can’t add the “SRV” record for privateemail.com, because it starts with an underscore (_)

The record hostname is _autodiscover._tcp.iranianeconomicnews.com (record type SRV) with value privateemail.com

Netlify won’t let me save that value because of the error message that pops up, “Please match the requested format.”

For completeness, I’m using Service “sip”, Protocol “TCP”, Priority “0”, Weight “0”, Port “443”, Target (value) “privateemail.com

This in no way is mission-critical for me, and I don’t need a response, but here is what it says on the privateemail.com website:
“Although optional, adding the following three records will help to automatically configure any mail desktop clients:”

Just FYI! Thanks.

Best regards,
Derek

Hi, @djD-REK, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

I believe that record is created as required now here. The screenshot above shows the values I used to create it.

If there are other questions or concerns (or the record doesn’t work for any reason), please let us know.

1 Like

Hello,
I have the same problem when trying to add Microsoft Office 365 SRV records, however a screenshot isn’t useful for me, could you explain in words what the solution is?

Definitely, and thanks for the reminder to describe with words or add alt text to screenshots. The screenshot is of a DNS record with the following attributes:
Record type: SRV
Name: @
Service: autodiscover
Protocol: tcp
Priority: 0
Weight: 0
Port: 443
Target: privateemail.com
TTL in seconds (optional): not filled in

So in summary I believe @luke is saying that we add the underscore automatically- you don’t need to add it in the input field.

Let me know if this works for you!

Thank you very much! That is very helpful