Can't access URLs in Slack messages from draft deploys

I’m confused about what you mean about my framework (Jekyll) not validating the URLs. What would it have to validate that isn’t fine? The URLs it generates are fine, it’s the subdomain that Netlify builds from the NetlifyCMS editorial workflow branch name that’s the issue here. That’s the part that breaches the 63 character limit for subdomains.

I can already get a valid link from Netlify which seems to be based on the commit id so yes, since that’s available, I would like to create a feature request to offer some way of posting that to Slack instead of the branch URL. Can you point me to where I can raise feature requests?

We’ve gotten this one filed for you, which means we’ll be able to followup with you in this thread in case it arrives.

For now, since we won’t change that soon, you can do one of three things:

1. use shorter title names if these links are essential for you
  2. send your notifications not to slack but to zapier. In the data sent that way, we’ll have the deploy-specific URL, which you can choose to pass along instead of the normal one we use that works for everyone with shorter title/branchnames :slight_smile:
  3. create a PR for the CMS to do something different, since I think that is the main context in which you have trouble; they could choose different branch names but as @Scott points out, there isn’t an obvious collision-proof algorithm so it would need some thinking about how to implement.