Home
Support Forums

Cannot renew SSL

Hello all!

I just changed my domain name from JayMed.org to JayMed.Net

This is what I get under HTTPS > SSL/TSL certificate

jaymed.net doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify

We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

In the same section, the domains are: *.jaymed.org, jaymed.org

The DNS is set correctly and it redirects to my website (except that it is not secure because the SSL certificate does not work now)

I read in another article that I should delete the DNS zone, so I did. The instructions were to “restart the certificate” but I cannot find that option.

Any help please.
Thank you very much.

Hey @HZMD Welcome to Netlify Forums!

This may be a case of DNS propagation. I would leave it for a day or so and then report back on the DNS status.

If you are still experiencing the problems after that, then I’ll be able to escalate this for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Kyle.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick response. I will. Appreciate it.

1 Like

@HZMD There seem to be a couple issues here.

First, unless I’m missing something you could have simply added your .net custom domain to your existing .org project. You can have more than one custom domain for any given site.

Second, your .org custom domain only sort of points to Netlify, and doesn’t load correctly.

Third, your .net custom domain shows a recent DNS change and two different sets of Netlify name servers, neither of which is the same set of name servers as your .org custom domain.

You might want to go through the documentation again and make certain that your DNS and domain settings are in line with Netlify recommendations.

2 Likes

I appreciate your response, however the first response was more relevant. I had to wait until the propagation was complete and the button of renewing the certificate showed up, I just clicked it and I am all set up now!

I am switching to .net completely and stopping .org hence the changes you mentioned.

Thank you so much all. Great community!

1 Like