Home
Support Forums

Can’t connect to the server [ONLY ON WIFI]

Site (Custom Domain):

Problem:

I have a site uploaded and running with a custom domain. The DNS is set up correctly and I have been able to access my website all day from several different devices, until I got home. I set up the website on this computer last night and could not view the web page once. I still can not view it on this computer. I get the following error:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.chrispetraskie.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

This appears to be an issue with WIFI. I am not able to connect to the site on my phone while on wifi, but when I turn my wifi off I am able to connect. I had friends in the same city try the site from their own wifi, and they experienced the same results. I plan to contact my ISP as well and will update you if I get any information from them.

I am not well versed in networking but I will provide whatever information I can, please just tell me how to do so! I do not have dig and have never used it, but I will get it if it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi @Petrask24

Welcome to the Netlify community :netliconfetti:

You don’t need dig necessarily. Google have it here, Zoho here and there are many others.

Your domain is served by Netlify DNS. I am able to access it.

@coelmay Thanks for those links, I’ll check them out for sure! Also, everyone is able to access it except for myself and those near me when on WIFI as stated above. It seems it is a local DNS issue which I am unsure of how to go about trying to resolve.

You could check to see if you provider has a status page (like Netlify Status or Shopify Status) on which they show current issues on their network. Failing that, you could contact them to see if they have an issue (you may report one they are not currently aware of).

Time is often the solution to many thing.