Builds in multiple child directories in the same repo triggering all instead of just the one (NOT A MONOREPO)

The issue i’m having is one child directory change is triggering all builds, not just the one it’s supposed to.

I’m planning on having multiple site in the same repo. It’s running the Statamic cms ( using the file system instead of mysql ). I have two test sites here in the repo that are {domain}-com-development and {domain}-com-local. In the base directory watcher I have {my-path}. Then added publish I have {my-path}/build.

The issue is, when I update the repo, on the development site, the local is also performing a build, which it shouldn’t. How do I ensure one subdirectory update & build for one site doesn’t trigger the other sites to build on the repo?

Thank you.

Hi @castlebranch,

Thanks so much for reaching out and welcome to the Netlify Forums. First, have you looked through this resource 7? It is a compilation of all of our build and deploy resources. This is a good starting point.

If those resources don’t get you on the right track, can you share a bit more information about what you are trying to accomplish?

Lastly, please share these additional details so we can look into your experience further:

• the name of your build instance: “example-jones.netlify.com 1
  • your project repo
  • a full copy of your latest deploy log
  • what you have already tried
  • any error messages you have received in your terminal window or in the developer console

Thanks so much!

1 Like