Build exceeded maximum allowed runtime

PLEASE help me to build and deploy a React JS application from GitHub

• my netlify site name is festive-lamarr-5d0ad2.netlify.app

• hello sir I would like to say thank you first for replying me really quickly.

there is a GitHub repository that running on Netlify and hosted on Github. i forked it and trying to have some experiment on it . before any change , i try to deploy in netlify, but its failed . i wonder that how the original author did deployed . when its under MIT license , i am looking for your help to complete my experiment . error is Build exceeded maximum allowed runtime .

1. repository link
  2. website domain URL

7:57:35 AM: Build ready to start
7:57:37 AM: build-image version: d84c79427e8f83c1ba17bcdd7b3fe38059376b68
7:57:37 AM: build-image tag: v3.6.1
7:57:37 AM: buildbot version: df42d44cc6a0381cf657a671baf049c03981bafe
7:57:37 AM: Fetching cached dependencies
7:57:37 AM: Failed to fetch cache, continuing with build
7:57:37 AM: Starting to prepare the repo for build
7:57:37 AM: No cached dependencies found. Cloning fresh repo
7:57:37 AM: git clone GitHub - ronxplore/covid19: an interactive, animated COVID-19 coronavirus map to track the outbreak over time by country and by region for selected countries
8:20:51 AM: Preparing Git Reference refs/heads/master
8:27:36 AM: Build exceeded maximum allowed runtime
8:33:45 AM: Error checking out submodules: Submodule ‘data/albania-data’ (GitHub - lucil/covid19-albanian-data: Covid19 Albanian data repository) registered for path 'data/albania-data’Submodule

… its says i can put only 6 links , so i did put all logs here Ubuntu Pastebin

Hi, with all the submodules it took the build system over 30 minutes just to clone the repo.

The build time limit is only 15 minutes for the build (plus an additional 15 for post processing for a total of 30 minutes).

I could try extending the build time limit to 30 minutes to see if the clone succeeds. However, you may just want to try building your site locally and then deploying manually using the Netlify CLI tool as described here:

​Please let us know if there are other questions or if you want to test extending the build time limit for this site.

thank you sir for your reply ,

i wonder how did another author deploy his project through netlify ?

and sir. there is something GitHub actions-user work, which one not work in locally …

should i upgrade my user plan or something ? please suggest me , however i want to study this code

thank for your time sir

Hi, @ronxplore. The original site using this repo is using the manual deploy process I described.

1 Like

thank you sir

I am sorry sir, I’m at the beginner level. i am studying this project because my supervisor told me to study.

i tried the manual deploy process,but i couldn’t make it.

can you please extend the build time limit for this site? I want to test

thanks for your time sir

Hi, @ronxplore. I have now extend the build time limit for this site to 30 minutes.

To use manual deploys, build the site locally and then use the Netlify CLI for the deploy. This process uploads the local build directly to Netlify. If there are questions about manual deploys, please let us know.