The site name is https://ratapp.dev.
We parse cookies from
event.headers.cookie by taking the string and splitting it at every
; (semicolon). This worked for a year without any problems.
Starting from the 21st of April we started getting the wrong values from our cookies. Upon investigating and trying to print out the
event.headers.cookie string, it showed that cookies in Netlify were being separated by
, (commas). This was causing the extraction to fail. In
netlify dev, this was working correctly, however, in production it was being shown with the commas. This was seemingly random, sometimes showing up correctly (5% of the time) and showing up wrong 95% of the time. Attached below is a screenshot from the logs, showing once the output with commas (7pm) and once with semicolons (11:40 pm).
We put some logic in place to temp-fix it, by checking if we can split by semicolon, if not split by comma, but this adds a few hundred milliseconds to our response time. This seems like a bug, as CLI is doing it correctly, and the standard says semicolon.