Branch Deploy DNS

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

my netlify site name is epic-ptolemy-640390.netlify.app. We deploy from GitHub. The prod branch is the main site which has the themassapequatutor.com domain. However, we would like the staging branch deploy to show up at staging.tutorconnect.themassapequatutor.com. We added a DNS record for this, but trying to load the page says that the connection is not secure, I believe because Netlify’s SSL certificate dow not have the staging domain in it
I was directed from this post [Support Guide] How to use Netlify’s branch deploy feature without Netlify DNS to make a post here to see if this issue could be remedied.

Thanks,

The Massapequa Tutor

Hi, @TheMassapequaTutor. The branch subdomain feature requires the subdomain to be a subdomain of the primary custom domain. For this site, the primary custom domain is the apex domain of themassapequatutor.com. This means the branch subdomain for the branch “staging” must be staging,themassapequatutor.com.

The only workaround for this is to make a new site and use that branch as the production branch. This will allow you to use any domain name for that branch (because any domain name can be used for a production branch).

​Please let us know if the DNS record has been changed to match the requirements. If the DNS record is changed, we will be happy to extend the SSL certificate to include that branch subdomain.

If there are any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you. We have updated the DNS record to match the requirements. could you actually extend the SSL certificate for both staging.themassapequatutor.com and beta.themassapequatutor.com ? we have branch deploys on both our staging and beta branch.

Thanks

hi there, we extended your SSL for those two branches. :+1: