Hi team. We’re finding that we’re maybe getting overcharged for Bandwidth and functions .
We currently run two separate Netlify instances for our site:
- reece-group (SSG only)
- reece-group-preview (SSR for /news/ pages only, SSG for the rest of the site)*
Bandwidth charges for reece-group -
- First time is users load the site at around ~2mb.
- Subsequent cached requests to the network are only around ~25kb.
- Gatsby preloads connected pages, so the next page a user clicks to is still around ~25kb.
- On Mar 2, bandwidth is 38.2GB. Unique visitors are 682, pageviews 6101.
- Assuming each user loads an average of ~3-4MB, it doesn’t make sense bandwidth usage is this high.
- Exactly how are bandwidth requests counted? Do they also increase on every build/deploy, or just when the site visitor requests the page/resource?
- Can we be provided timestamp logs on the bandwidth usage for both reece-group & reece-group-preview.
Functions charges for reece-group & reece-group-preview -
- SSR is enabled for reece-group-preview Netlify instance,
- SSR is disabled for reece-group Netlify instance, it doesn’t make sense that the Netlify instance still generates __ssr, __dsg & __api folders.
- Clicking on the functions log only brings up a loading spinner (see screenshot)
- Functions for reece-group Feb 10 to Mar 10 generated 1,201,407 requests – however the site didn’t get anywhere near this amount of traffic.
- Is the Function Log broken? Ie. Netlify App
- Exactly how are Netlify functions invoked? On every build/deploy, or just when site visitors request the function?
- With the Netlify log interface not giving us any information, can you please provide timestamp logs on the function usage for both reece-group & reece-group-preview.
Please let me know if I can provide any further info to help investigate the high function and bandwidth usage charges
Thanks in advance.