App not working with Chrome since 20 April 2022

Default Subdomain: victreefi.netlify.app
Primary Domain : app.victreefi.com

going to VicTreeFi , does not load in Chrome.

Chrome: Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (x86_64)

This issue started yesterday morning. I did not make any changes or updates to my website, which was working fine for many months.

The web app loads fine in all browsers except for Chrome. On one out of three attempts, a hard reset with clearing cache through Chrome works. Firefox, brave, mobile chrome, Safari, etc. all works.

I understand that this most likely is not a Netlify issue, but I’m stuck because my users are all primarily on Chrome.

Troubleshooting: I reset my cache and redeployed from Netlify today. This did not solve the issue.

Thank you!

I just opened a post a little while ago.

My subdomain, VicTreeFi

Update: Does not work in Firefox. Does not work in Edge. Only on mobile. My customers are blowing up my inbox and I have no idea what is going on. I think that it may be related to my functions.

There is not much to go on.

You have lot of errors in your console logs

Check the netlify build logs , Identify the Node Version , using that try to recreate the prod conditions in your local.

I wonder if your issue is related to Preview Deployed app returns HTTP 429 - #4 by fool

I hope so.

I’ve been down rabbit hole after rabbit hole and it’s only Chrome on a desktop that stopped working overnight, and not being able to have your app run on the most popular web browser on the desktop sucks. And it happened overnight without touching a thing.

I read somewhere that this possibly could be due to a Let’s Encrypt getting out of date, but I dont see any ERR_CERT type errors.

Absolutely baffled and frustrated

Hey @lilbigwheel

This is what I see loading the site in Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (x86_64)

The logs look clean, and unfortunately I can’t go past my 1 day history to see overnight when this happened.

node v14.17.5 (npm v6.14.14)
Recreated in local production. Everything builds and runs in dev mode and builds fine with no errors. Served the dist folder on my machine and it runs like butter.

Can you try refreshing the page? It randomly works, then just doesn’t…

And just like you said, doesn’t work.

Request URL: https://app.victreefi.com/js/chunk-157e3f46.f25be359.js
Status Code: 429 
x-nf-request-id: 01G17V09FZSBA8ASVHE901AWWZ
<link href="/css/chunk-0002929f.c778da23.css" rel="prefetch">

Given there are 658 CSS and JS files listed as prefetch, I am not surprised a 429 response is returned. Easiest way to overcome this is to reduce the number of prefetch links.

Thank you very much. I really, really appreciate it.

I can’t say that I’m exactly looking forward to the cringe of revisiting this post 3 years down the road.