Another site is already using this domain issue

I am unable to add domain in my netlify site, its showing Another site is already using this domain.
But I haven’t added it anywhere else, Its my personal domain.

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I have added the txt record in my hosting account, Please verify the domain under my name.

Thanks!

Hey there, @bob.degitizedplanet :wave:

Thanks for following up! Can you please confirm which domain is this regarding? I do not see one listed in either of your messages on this thread.

its for www.degitizedplanet.com

Hey there, @bob.degitizedplanet :wave:

We have removed this domain and you should now be able to use it! Let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks!
facing the same issue with another of my domain , I have updated the dns record of that domain as well ,Please also verify it under my account.
Its for www.designsocracy.com

Hi Bob,

Since we suspended the original account with that sitename due to repeated copyright infringement, we are wondering what guarantees you will provide us that you will not immediately host more of such content? Without such a guarantee, we’ll ask you to find a different webhost rather than unblocking you, since we already spent substantial staff time and money reacting to the copyright infringement notice, which is clearly not helping our business goals.

I just bought these two domains and both of these domains are already registered under other name so I don’t know what happened before therefore I’m asking you to register these name under my name!

Please consider my reply to your question, I’m waiting!

Hi again Bob,

I just checked and at least the first domain, designocracy.com, was purchased nearly a year ago, so your story doesn’t seem to line up with what I can see:

% whois designsocracy.com
   Domain Name: DESIGNSOCRACY.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 2641910349_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
   Updated Date: 2022-07-14T11:08:00Z
   Creation Date: 2021-09-18T14:02:56Z

Could you please provide more details about how you came to be taking over these domains from our former copyright-infringing customer? Until or unless we can understand that and come to believe that you are not the same person or related to them, we will not be able to unblock them for further use on our platform.

1 Like

could you please share the details of your former copyright-infringing customer?

This was the actual complaint:

I hope I’m reaching the right authority to report a copyright violation by one of your hosted websites - designsocracy.com

This website has copied content and business structure from our website logodesign.net.

You are requested to take immediate action and pull it down the site as they are violating our copyrights, damaging our business reputation and SEO.

I would be happy to provide you with any additional information for taking action against them.

Looking forward to your cooperation.

Also, we saw a lot more issues with that site.