"Another site is already using this domain” error trying to set custom domain “yoursay.app” on site

“Another site is already using this domain” error trying to set custom domain “yoursay.app”.

I can add the DNS record to confirm this domain is under my control.

Please advise.

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I have added the TXT record. Hopefully that will help.

@perry Did you have a chance to look at this?

Hi, @peetss. The custom domain has been removed from the other team now.

Thank you greatly. Also, let me just say I absolutely LOVE using Netlify. As soon as one of my ideas takes off and starts generating revenue, credit will go to where credit is due, and that means to you!

1 Like