Angular handles .netlify url's

I’m trying to get Netlify CMS working with an Angular app built with Scully. The problem is that I cannot login: The response in the page is “Your Git Gateway backend is not returning valid settings. Please make sure it is enabled.”

When I researched this problem I double checked all the backend settings, but when I looked at the request’s and responses while loading the /admin environment I noticed something weird:

The backend tries to request the following URL:
https://netlify-project-name.netlify.app/.netlify/git/settings

The response for this request is the html of the angular site.

So I’m wondering why does Angular/Scully give a response for this request. Shouldn’t Netlify give a response to this request?

For another project, build with Nuxt/VueJs, the response for this request is:
{github_enabled: false, gitlab_enabled: true, bitbucket_enabled: false, roles: null}

Thanks in advance for any pointers in the right direction!

Maybe it’s caused by an aggressive redirect?

I checked, and you’re right! I made the redirects more specific, and now the request to ‘.netlify/git/settings’ is giving a 404. But then: In the backend of Netlify (after changing the redirects) I new option became available, and I could enable ‘git gateway’ In the Identity settings. Before I couldn’t.

Ok, that was quite a curve ball :slight_smile:

Thanks tomrutgers

Sweet! Glad that worked out the way it did

Hi,

Unfortunately I ran into this issue again with another project. This time I hadn’t any redirects, this time I don’t know how to solve it…

This endpoint: https://vispoort-vlissingen.netlify.app/.netlify/git/settings, returns the contents of my site instead of a response from netlify. :slightly_frowning_face:

There is, best of my knowledge, nothing at /.netlify/git/settings. This is not a valid path when deployed.

What is it you are trying to accomplish @_william ?

/.netlify/git/settings is an endpoint called by netlify-cms when you click on “Login with Netlify identity”. In other project this endpoint returns the configured methods (e.g. gitlab settings when gitlab is configured).

If redirects are not causing the issue, my guess is you’ll have to tell angular somehow that it should leave that path alone. I’m not sure how you’ve set up your routing but maybe there’s a wildcard or smt in place?

1 Like