Account inaccessible, can't add domain registered through Netlify

site name: https://tmhoog.netlify.app
domain name: tmhoog.info

In the past week I have hosted site content from GitHub after a GitHub authenticated login. I also registered a new domain name to go with the newly processed Netlify site. Nevertheless, my content is no longer updated and the processed site seemed to have disappeared. I tried to reinitiate builds a few times, but the domain name can no longer be added as it is said that be active on another site/account even though I am still logged in through my GitHub account. My GitHub associated E-mail is an alias, the sent from address is different for my E-mail account. That’s why I am receiving automated messages from Netlify that I can only launch a support case if the request is sent from this alias. I hope you can provide support! Thanks.

@tmhoog Welcome to the Netlify community. What do you mean by –

When I visit your custom domain, the site seems to load fine under HTTP and HTTPS, with and without www.

|====================== get x-nf-request-id =====================
| -------------------- blank if not Netlify ---------------------
| ------------------------- tmhoog.info -------------------------
| ---------------------------- http -----------------------------
< x-nf-request-id: 49b84ee7-d7e1-427c-a4ae-b4495c58aa8e
| ---------------------------- https ----------------------------
< x-nf-request-id: 3756fd9f-8a86-493a-863d-a94fb114c53a
| ----------------------- www.tmhoog.info -----------------------
| ---------------------------- http -----------------------------
< x-nf-request-id: 087d1932-d8df-4445-9a5d-fbd690ee1b8a
| ---------------------------- https ----------------------------
< x-nf-request-id: 93a3f4d6-060f-43d6-bdb2-6a8dc00249e6
|================================================================

Hi, thanks for reaching out. I mean that originally the site was built and I added the new domain to this deployment via the backend. However, the deployed tmhoog.netlify.app build is longer visible in the backend (after GitHub authenticated login). Also no new content is pulled from GitHub. If I try to generate a new deployment from GitHub it fails. I can’t add the new domain name either as it is β€˜active’ somewhere else.

hi again,

let’s unpack this a bit:

However, the deployed tmhoog.netlify.app build is longer visible in the backend (after GitHub authenticated login).

according to our records, the repo associated with this site is:

github.com/tmhoog/tmhoog.github.io

the email that seems to be associated with that netlify account is, edited for privacy:

h******d@n**.k**w.nl

is it possible that you have multiple netify accounts associated with different email addresses? when people tell us that they β€œcant see their site” after logging in or similar, it is usually the case that they have multiple accounts with us. Could you check on this and let us know?

I can’t add the new domain name either as it is β€˜active’ somewhere else.

this is a third consideration. If someone (even previous you) has associated a custom domain, for example, myspecialsite.com with a netlify account in the past, but then that domain becomes inactive, we need to verify ownership of that domain before we can β€œgive it away” to someone who claims it it is theirs! that is a separate step we can go through once we have a clearer understanding of what is happening here.

Hi Perry,

Thanks for the quick response.

There should not be multiple accounts. I set up one account through GitHub authentication. The associated repo is correct. The domain was registered last week through Netlify, so I don’t think the domain should have become inactive.

this is what I can see when i use my special powers :mage: to look at your account:

the deploys seem to be failing because of a jekyll build error:

https://app.netlify.com/teams/tmhoog-xmkp6zo/builds/6095af491258930008c99381#L109-L121

2:21:34 PM:   1. build.command from netlify.toml                            
2:21:34 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
2:21:34 PM: ​
2:21:34 PM: $ jekyll build
2:21:35 PM:                     ------------------------------------------------
2:21:35 PM:       Jekyll 4.2.0   Please append `--trace` to the `build` command 
2:21:35 PM:                      for any additional information or backtrace. 
2:21:35 PM:                     ------------------------------------------------
2:21:35 PM: /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/safe_yaml-1.0.5/lib/safe_yaml/load.rb:143:in `parse': (/opt/build/repo/_config.yml): could not find expected ':' while scanning a simple key at line 29 column 1 (Psych::SyntaxError)
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/safe_yaml-1.0.5/lib/safe_yaml/load.rb:143:in `load'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/safe_yaml-1.0.5/lib/safe_yaml/load.rb:157:in `block in load_file'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/safe_yaml-1.0.5/lib/safe_yaml/load.rb:157:in `open'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/safe_yaml-1.0.5/lib/safe_yaml/load.rb:157:in `load_file'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/configuration.rb:129:in `safe_load_file'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/configuration.rb:167:in `read_config_file'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/configuration.rb:198:in `block in read_config_files'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/configuration.rb:195:in `each'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/configuration.rb:195:in `read_config_files'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll.rb:118:in `configuration'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/command.rb:44:in `configuration_from_options'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/commands/build.rb:29:in `process'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/command.rb:91:in `block in process_with_graceful_fail'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/command.rb:91:in `each'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/command.rb:91:in `process_with_graceful_fail'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/lib/jekyll/commands/build.rb:18:in `block (2 levels) in init_with_program'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mercenary-0.4.0/lib/mercenary/command.rb:221:in `block in execute'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mercenary-0.4.0/lib/mercenary/command.rb:221:in `each'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mercenary-0.4.0/lib/mercenary/command.rb:221:in `execute'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mercenary-0.4.0/lib/mercenary/program.rb:44:in `go'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mercenary-0.4.0/lib/mercenary.rb:21:in `program'
	from /opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-4.2.0/exe/jekyll:15:in `<top (required)>'
	from /opt/build/cache/binstubs/jekyll:29:in `load'
	from /opt/build/cache/binstubs/jekyll:29:in `<main>'
​
2:21:35 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
2:21:35 PM:   "build.command" failed                                        
2:21:35 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────```

I am still not sure I 100% understand what you can and can't see! but maybe this is helpful?

I don’t see the site: tmhoog.info β€œDeploys from GitHub”

Instead I see a failed build that I tried to initialize today.

this is very odd! what you can see and what I can see seem quite different. I am going to get a support engineer on the case and see if we can figure out what is going on. thanks for your patience!

Looks like we’re looking at two different logins. I’ll be able to check on this tomorrow (Friday) but in the meantime you’ll want to double check that you don’t have separate GitHub/email/SSO logins at Netlify.

Hi. There could be only one GitHub authenticated account, correct? The account I logged in with through GitHub should have contained the Site tmhoog.info which deploys from GitHub. However, it does not.

Depends where you were logged in when the site was added! Tried logging out of GitHub then signing in? But there’s no denying that this is where the site resides:

Tried logging out and in without luck. Still no access to the Site. What I see is what was posted in a previous message as image, i.e. a failed build sleep-ride-73sedbd.

It seems I can log in with the E-mail you have in your systems, but it directs to the same page. GitHub uses the same E-mail alias, so perhaps that causes the issue.

Hi there, @tmhoog :wave:

Just checking in to see if you have made any progress on this since the last post. If you are still encountering issues, let me know what you have tried and I will loop in a Support Engineer.

Hi, thanks for checking.

I am stuck with no access to my Site. I would prefer the option to rebuild a site from scratch and then re-add the domain, but that is presently not possible due to build failure and inability of adding a domain. The best solution would be to decouple my registered domain from the site that doesn’t show up after GitHub authenticated login.

@tmhoog

If you click here, can you toggle to a different team with the same exact team name?

Or, you can try these two links:

https://app.netlify.com/teams/tmhoog-bbtlnwq/sites
https://app.netlify.com/teams/tmhoog-xmkp6zo/sites

1 Like

There is only one team listed, or option to create a new one under this dropdown.

Of the two links shared in the last message, the bottom one directs to a Page Not Found

Hey @tmhoog ,

Everything has been transferred to https://app.netlify.com/teams/tmhoog-bbtlnwq/sites for you.

We’ll work to remove the redundant https://app.netlify.com/teams/tmhoog-xmkp6zo/sites team. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks! Can now see the original site build in my account again.

2 Likes