A Record Add Issue

hey to you both, we have pulled a lever that allows you to delete those records on your own and add new ones. Let us know if you have any problems.

Hello, I’m receiving this error
dns_api abzlearning.com - abzlearning.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty
Can you please assist me in deleting the a records?
Thank you

responded on your other thread - we have made the same change for your dns, @zimani!

@perry - can we please get some support on this issue as well? our domain is tryapprio.com

we responded on your other thread, @admins_fundra.

Hi. I’m also having this issue

dns_api monoppa.com - monoppa.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Can someone help?

Hi, @rjquindoza. This is happening because someone (someone other than Netlify) as has created a DNS zone for this domain at NS1. Seeing that this is a domain registered via Name.com, I would guess they created the zone.

The following support guide explains more about this type of issue:

If you want to use the custom domain with at site at Netlify while you are working to resolve the NS1 zone conflict, you can still use our external DNS instructions as found here.

​Please let us know if there are other questions about this.

I’m getting the same error, I was hosting a gatsby site but our new marketing lead wants to transfer the main frontend of the website over to Webflow so they can edit without writing code. I need to add two records to move the website over but get this error “dns_api /A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty” when I trying to delete the Neflify records.

I see in this thread you have a ticket open to add that capability to teh UI. Is that only on a paid account? Would you recommend we keep using the Netlfiy’s DNS if we want to host app.orangecharger.com on Netlify still? I also have like 36 DNS records already setup that we use for API calls and backend routing. What solution would you recommend to manage our DNS?

Thanks,
Nicholas

Hi, @Nicholas_Johnson.

We have more information about the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 type DNS records here:

Please read that support guide above for an in-depth explanation of how these records behave with our service. The three key points there are summarized as:

• These records are locked by default and can be unlocked by our support team.
  • These records only connect domain names to IP addresses.
  • These records do not control which site the domain name is linked to (if any).

I’ve unlocked the existing records for the domain you mentioned now.

The feature request hasn’t been completed but I would expect it to be available for all plan levels if or when it is completed.

The answer is that it depends on you. If you were to have no sites at all hosted at Netlify under that apex domain (orangecharger.com) then we would normally recommend not using Netlify DNS.

In other words, Netlify DNS shouldn’t be used if you don’t have any sites at Netlify using that domain.

Again, you can keep using Netlify DNS if you want to. You can also copy your existing records to the original DNS service, activate it, and then delete this DNS zone at Netlify if you prefer. The important thing to remember is to make sure all required DNS records are manually copied to the other service before switching.

Note, you can still use app.orangecharger.com for your site at Netlify without using Netlify DNS. If you use a third-party DNS service, the solution is just to use the external DNS instructions.

If there are other questions, please let us know.

Hi,

Can you please delete my records, I’m getting the ‘dns_api /A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty’ error.

My domain is serafinistitches.com.

Thank you,
Nick

Edit: Nevermind, I may have understood wrong - you might already have the records that point to that domain? So I can just keep what you have, and it’ll work?

First time doing this.

Thanks again.

hi there, you should be able to delete that record if you would like. can you explain in a different way what you are trying to do? thanks!

Hello, Can you help adding A record for billietrust.com. I’m getting the same issue above. Thanks

hi @muhaimincs, if you delete the existing A record, you can add a new one. Can you try that first?

I don’t have any A record at the moment

Hi, @muhaimincs. You cannot make an A record if there is an existing NETLIFY type DNS record for the same name. You must delete those other records first here before you can create an A record:

https://app.netlify.com/account/dns/billietrust.com

Note, deleting the NETLIFY type record will take the site offline for that domain name. Be sure you understand the impact before deleting them.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

what does that mean?

Now I’m stuck at how to add the NETLIFY records

Hi, @muhaimincs. The NETLIFY type records are added automatically when they are added to the site settings (under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains).

If you deleted the NETLIFY type records and want to create them, then delete them from the site settings and then add them back again. This adding of the record will automatically create the NETLIFY type record.

​Please let us know if there are other questions.

1 Like

I got it. Thanks for the response

1 Like