Home
Support Forums

A:400 - link exists, all config must be empty

I’m trying to add a domain to my site, but went I enter a DNS record I see the following error. My domain is hosted through GoDaddy and I’ve already updated the name servers to point to Netlify. Any thoughts?

Hey @meganlooff,
This is happening because at some point you (maybe unintentionally) enabled Netlify DNS, which automatically configured NETLIFY A records for your domain. We’ve enabled you to delete those system records so you can add your own records pointing wherever you want: https://app.netlify.com/teams/meganlooff-4wolxog/dns/overdawgdata.com#dns-records

Let us know if you’re not able to delete them, or if you run into any other issues!

Hi Jen,

Thanks so much for your help! I think I messed it up again, apologies :(.

What do I do after removing the Netlify DNS records if I want to point them to a godaddy hosted domain?

Hi, @meganlooff. I do see the records were recreated and, because they were new, they were locked again. I’ve unlocked the new records and you should be able to delete them now (if you want to).

If there are other records to be unlocked in the future or if this should be done for another DNS zone at Netlify, please reply here anytime and our support team is happy to assist.

Note: there also is an open feature request to make these always deletable without our support team unlocking them but that feature request remains “open”. (I do hope this default changes soon though.)