"{domain name} or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team."

netlify app: https://thedigitaldelight.netlify.app/
custom domain: thedigitaldelight.com
error when attempting to add a custom domain: “thedigitaldelight.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.”

Hi there.

My team and I are currently developing a site. originally we had the site set up under a netlify account and a custom domain name added to that site.

What we wanted to do is create a new netlify account and create a new site and then re add our custom domain.

We went on the original netlify account and removed the custom domain but we are still being prompted that the domain is being used by another netlify team when attempting to add the custom domain to a new site under a new account.

My question is, is the deletion of the custom domain an immediate action or is there some sort of TTL that has to expire or a cache of sorts?

1 Like

Hi, @thedigitaldelightllc. It looks like the domain was removed from the site but the DNS zone still exists on the other team. If you delete the DNS zone on the other team, you will be able to use the domain on your new team.

If you cannot find the other team or DNS zone, we have a DNS verification process. There is more information about that here:

​Please let us know if you create the verification DNS record or if there are any other questions.

1 Like

Luke you are the man, solved our issue!

Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

I am currently facing the same problem, however the domain was used on my previously owned account which i deleted already.

Site Name: https://master--lively-kitsune-7ddcd2.netlify.app/

Domain: 42cracker.com

DNS issue: 42cracker.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.

Thanks

This has been removed from the other account.

I have the exact same issue as @koolkat; could you help me out?

Site Name: https://kaleproject.netlify.app/

Domain: kaleproject.ml

Thank you!

Have you added a verification record as outlined in this support guide @KaleWebDev

Hi, @KaleWebDev. I found a DNS zone created for a now cancelled account. The domain has been made available for use on the new account now.

Would you please try adding it again and let us know if you still see errors?

Hi, it works now! Thank you so much!

hi I am not able find the other team as I delete my team acount. Please give me solution

Please do not open random unrelated threads. I will respond to you on your initial thread.

https://answers.netlify.com/t/accidently-delete-netlify-team/77219/9

I will respond here.

1 Like

We are trying to move the domain rainbowguidebook.com from one Netlify account to the other. As far as we know, it is completely removed from the original account, however we still see the

rainbowguidebook.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.

We have followed the steps here for domain verification, with a link to this post.

Hi, @hugheso. The DNS zone has been deleted. You will be able to add the domain to your site or account now.

If you still see an error when adding the domain, please let us know.

I don’t understand why I can’t login to my account even though I have sent a password reset but it hasn’t been sent to my email.

So I want to move cometrbx.ml to another Netlify account team, but I have the same problem as them.

Hi @samogost,

Please verify the domain ownership as mentioned above.

Hi, @samogost. I just tested the password reset email process for your email address and it was successful. Your email service confirmed the successful delivery.

However, when I check the past week I don’t see any password reset attempts for this. Did you try reseting the password on the page below?

https://app.netlify.com/login/forgot-password

If so, did you use the same email address as you use to login to this support forum?

Hey, @luke, I am also facing this issue now with this domain michaels.studio
It seems that someone owned the domain before, and now I am the owner but the DNS is still on Netlify from their team…

The website is michaelsstudio.netlify.app
I am gettings this feedback

Thank you in advance!

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I saw that same answer on the latest the entry, but as mentioned on my question, I don’t know them. so I don’t have access to it.

I need someone from Netlify to remove the DNS from their dashboard so I can use it…

Ill verify it then… cheers!

Well, now I have done the process of Verifying it.