404 error after changing site name

Please can you check why the site

https://bibleinten.netlify.app/
is giving a 404 error

Have domain set up https://bibleinten.com/ with same result.

I read the docs and saw that you need this to debug?

x-nf-request-id:
c71445d5-a913-4dae-a455-21d05f4ac0af-37881973

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi there,

Did you see this guide yet? This is the best place to start for “Page Not Found” issues.

If you are still seeing issues after following the troubleshooting steps in this guide, please let us know!

I have not changed the structure of the web app.
it was a one click install from netlify blog of the bael theme

i looked at the deploy folder there is no index.html file in the original github nor in my current.

I am new to netlify cms, i dont think I made a folder, but if I did I am instructed to define it in
dynamicRoutes

I cannot login to the site admin now

I cannot wait to access my site this long.
I have moved my domain.
For the interest of solving this and seeing if this platform is viable - I have kept the site up but at the new name
https://bibleinten404.netlify.app/

FYI - i am getting the same when I deploy a fresh site from the jake bael repo and then simply make some changes in the Netlify CMS - such as sitename, links.

Now I cannot access this new site either!!! Close to closing my account and moving on. Ridiculous!

This site seems not to have an index.html file at the top level … unless your index.html file has been made to look like a 404 error page.

It’s also worth pointing out that Netlify works for millions of websites, so if it’s not working for you, perhaps you need to re-examine your code to make certain that it’s not something you are doing that is giving rise to these issues.

I just followed the instructions - total waste of time.

I am grabbing sites which are ready to run from githhub, used by millios of people, but they are not running in my account. My account is not working and I am going to leave when the next billing cycle will ends unless it is solved.

@masdmh If you’re on a paid plan, you should have access to Netlify tech support in addition to the community forum.

Have emailed them.
No reply yet.
Still got the same problem when I went through the process with a new site. Really have lost my patience now.

@masdmh Sorry this is so frustrating. One of the best features of Netlify for me is that 99 percent of the time it just works as expected.

Sorry for the trouble here. This is almost certainly an issue with the template you’re using, not our platform- the error you’re seeing in your first deploy log that resulted in a 404 is the same one this person describes: Alt layout not working correctly · Issue #25 · jake-101/bael-template · GitHub

That deploy log is here: Netlify App

And the error is TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

Seems like the template’s alt layout is broken. Can you try changing that value back to “false” here? Update Setup “info” · masdmh/jakebael@5d56b06 · GitHub

1 Like