Home
Support Forums

2.9s download time for 800 kb js file?

My 800kb index.main.js file seems to be taking very long to download, is there any way to improve this?

Hi there, @sabetai! Glad you found us :wave:

Have you checked out our build performance tips as well as our additional threads about download speed? If not, I recommend you start there first :slight_smile:

If you would like us to dive in further, we will need a little more information on the issues you are facing.

Please tell us:

• the name of your build instance: “example-jones.netlify.com
  • when this issue began, if you are able to
  • if this is occurring on multiple machines and browsers
  • any error messages you have received in your terminal window or in the developer console

Additionally, is this question related to your post here? If they are related, let me know and I will close the other thread to streamline support to one place. We ask that Forums members keep related questions on one thread so that we can best address them. Thanks for understanding!

Hi Hillary, my url is https://buildcode.app which I built using flutter as a single-page-app. I’m not 100% sure, but it seems caching doesn’t quite work for my index.main.js file, if it’s being auto-generated by dart2js or some other transpiler? It seems netlify’s CDN relies heavily on cache servers to delivery high speed, and my caches are getting invalidated each time I deploy a new build?

I also tried upgrading to the Pro, but am unsure if this means I get faster servers or not.

interesting. here is some more reading for you that might help answer those questions: